The Vapers Den

Author Topic: Lancia RDA or Nova22 RDA  (Read 2986 times)

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
  • For honest battery info, check out BatteryMooch
Lancia RDA or Nova22 RDA
« on: January 02, 2015, 07:19:59 PM »
My mate got both these clones in but not sure which one to get. Saw a review from RiP and Todd on them and both seem pretty decent attys. Anyone have/used either??

Offline soupwvu

• Vapeologist
Re: Lancia RDA or Nova22 RDA
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 08:41:39 PM »
Got the N22 clone via vape mail couple of days ago just haven't got around to putting a build on it. Later tonight or tomorrow will get it built and let you know what I think..... was checking out the Lancia looks like a tank right?
the sky was yellow and the sun was blue

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 08:53:15 PM »
Got the N22 clone via vape mail couple of days ago just haven't got around to putting a build on it. Later tonight or tomorrow will get it built and let you know what I think..... was checking out the Lancia looks like a tank right?
The Lancia is still an RDA, just has a glass section with a metal option too. Not a tank though, I thought the same. The glass just gives the view of the coils, so you don't run dry. I have heard they(Lancia) tend to leak slightly but the flavour is excellent....

Offline soupwvu

• Vapeologist
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 10:35:23 PM »

Went with 6 wraps 26 gauge around .6. the large air holes in the cap/base feed to 4 smaller ones that come out directly beneath the coils, huge post holes will easily accept larger gauge kanthal. Deep well produced nice clouds & good flavor for a larger cap. Personally I prefer a bit more airflow. I feel like some is lost between the large hole in the base and the feeder holes. Nice overall RDA
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 11:27:37 PM by soupwvu »
the sky was yellow and the sun was blue

Offline tim8557

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 08:31:48 AM »
I cannot help you regarding your choices, but with a shelf load of RDA's, I have settled on the TOBH ATTY. It has a deep juice well and holds a lot.
Tim

"Amateurs built the Ark; Professionals built the Titanic"

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 04:56:04 PM »

Went with 6 wraps 26 gauge around .6. the large air holes in the cap/base feed to 4 smaller ones that come out directly beneath the coils, huge post holes will easily accept larger gauge kanthal. Deep well produced nice clouds & good flavor for a larger cap. Personally I prefer a bit more airflow. I feel like some is lost between the large hole in the base and the feeder holes. Nice overall RDA
I was going to get the N22 today. I was in the shop looking at both and while putting the glass section on the Lancia, I cracked it!!. I ended up buying it but at 15 it was a snip. I'll get the N22 next week. The Lancia is a very nice dripper. No well as such but with the pins inserted, it holds a good ten drops of liquid. I have it coiled(single coil) at 1.1ohms for my iStick. Nice vapour and super flavour. The P&N holes on the posts are massive and 22g easily fits. I had it coiled at .4ohm using 22g Kanthal but it was slightly too hot and I wanted it for my iStick. The glass and poly section don't fit as tight as they should(manufacturer design fault) but only TINY amounts of liquid leak. A few wraps of dental floss underneath the O-rings should solve the loose glass/poly section issue. The air control pins are unique and maybe not for everyone. The one thing that I don't like about them is, to change the flow, you have to move/remove the coil(s) as the pins are underneath the coil(s). A simple solution to this is, test the airflow before you coil it. I have one side blocked off and the 2mm pins in the side with the coils. Two air holes on each side, you open them/close them with a choice of pins that come with the atty, 3 solid pins, 4x1mm pins, 4x2mm pins and 4x3mm pins, which just slot into the air holes. Overall an excellent atty.

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 05:00:57 PM »
I cannot help you regarding your choices, but with a shelf load of RDA's, I have settled on the TOBH ATTY. It has a deep juice well and holds a lot.
Cheers Tim, I have the Tobh too with one of those big caps(sorry don't know the name of them!!) on it. You do loose some flavour with the large cap but still a super atty. I don't have many drippers and just wanted to add some to my small but growing collection....

Offline manthe

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 12:55:05 PM »
I actually have both of these attys. I do not personally see it as an either/or situation. IMO, they're both very different devices - different types of vapes. While I would (for the most part) consider them 'flavor chaser' style RDAs, they both provide different notes for the same liquids (given similar builds). But they each sort of shine with different setups, IMO. The Lancia seems to do better for me with smaller diameter (5/64), higher gauge (26-28) builds - while I prefer the N22 with 24ga, 3/32ID. I like them both in the neighborhood of .3-.4 ohms - but for different reasons. I would consider the Lancia a 'sharper', more intense vape with strong flavor notes for certain aspects of a given liquid. Whereas the N22 for me is a more relaxed and 'rounded' vape with great 'overall' flavor. At the end of the day if I *had* to keep just 1 of the 2 - I guess I'd keep the n22.

Once again - all just my opinion based on my experience with both, predicated on my personal vaping preferences.

PS - as for clones - IIRC, Ivogo makes a slightly modified version of the N22 with 'enhanced' airflow capabilities.

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 01:04:40 PM »
Thanks Manthe and welcome to The Den #$#. Pop over to the intro page and let us get to know a bit about you. Great bunch here.
I will get the N22 too but after breaking the glass on the Lancia, I had no choice!!. I do like the flavour type drippers. I'm more a 'flavour chaser' than a 'cloud chaser' but the Lancia is providing me with more than enough vaper and plenty of flavour. I have it coiled a bit too high to be honest. It does the job on the iStick but I think I'll coil it down a bit, to .8ohm maybe. Overall very happy with it though. For 15, can't go wrong. My mate said it IS an authentic??

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently