The Vapers Den

Author Topic: top coil vs bottom coil?  (Read 2170 times)

Offline gaffer

• Vapeologist
top coil vs bottom coil?
« on: June 14, 2012, 03:55:09 PM »
ok so i know that obviously top coil have the wick pulling fluid to the top of the carto where the coil is and visa versa for bottom coil. but what is the idea behind one over the other? Is the issue that bottom coil could flood easier while top coil could run dry easier or is there really no major difference in actual function?

Offline Pedaldog

• Vaping Guru
  • Yust Zis Guy!
Re: top coil vs bottom coil?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 04:03:45 PM »
I had wondered about that myself. The new Kanger Clearothingys are bottom coil and I can't see them promoting things alongside the Vision Egos unless they had something to offer people as an advantage.
Steve

Offline JohnEAngel

• Personal Text
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 04:47:18 PM »
the top coil puts you closer to the action, a warmer vape, if that's what you are in to.  i like both.  but not the ce2s as they always had wicking issues for me.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 04:53:24 PM by JohnEAngel »
Signature

Offline gaffer

• Vapeologist
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 04:54:27 PM »
^^^ that was the only real difference i could imagine... except ironically the stock EGO C set up with the atty/coil at the bottom of the assembly is hotter for me than the vision rainbow/stardusts

Offline Pedaldog

• Vaping Guru
  • Yust Zis Guy!
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 05:32:07 PM »
I hadn't even thought of something as simple as that!
I suppose a warmer vape is a bit more like a real cigarette so it could be a bad thing if you're trying to wean yourself off them and having a hard time of it?
Steve

Offline gaffer

• Vapeologist
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 05:36:06 PM »
i think that really depends on what part of smoking is what you are used to. my bro is law tried ecigs a little bit but he said he didn't like them because he likes the heat from a real cig. Personally i don't like my vapor to feel cool, but at the same time i don't want a lot of TH or it to be hot like a normal cig... then again i was never a big cig smoker (i would when i drank or to finish the pack of later) but i smoked a lot of hookah and just use the ecigs because it is faster, cleaner (a little on the lungs and a lot from the ash that would be around from the coals), and easier to set up and use all day.