The Vapers Den

Author Topic: Kanger Aerotank DC Adjustable Airflow VS Aspire Nautilus DC Adjustable Airflow  (Read 6461 times)

Offline pwmeek

• Vapeologist
  • Sesquipedalian Man You can call me Pete
<snip> there is nothing black or burnt.

The burnt part (actually a coating of carbonized juice) will be inside the tube - between the visible parts of the wick. You will have to at least partially disassemble it to see.

See if you can unscrew that stack/tube for a look. (Not familiar with this atty, so,I can't say for sure if that is possible.) If you are done with it, you could always cut the tube just above the wick.
--Pete                                       Using nicotine is not the same as smoking.

Online failte

• Vapeologist
You're not looking at the coils, timmoo.  Pull off that "chimney" (it's just press-fit in, not threaded, so you can sort of rock it side-to-side a little bit and just pull it right off.  THEN you'll see the "flavor wicks" that are on top of the coil.  They're just sitting there, so pull them off with tweezers or needle-nose pliers (careful not to grab the actual coil).  The flavor wicks are incredibly small and inconsequential looking, but remove them at your own risk.  Once the flavor wicks (if present) are out, THEN you'll see the actual coils - although probably not because it'll just be a little solid-black crud-looking thing. 

With the coil exposed and the chimney off, put the head back in it's base and attach to a battery and fire it.  It will smoke for awhile, and if there's too much crud, you never will see the coils.  Just keep dry-firing (I've had to do it up to 5 times to get the crud off).  You might also use a tiny pick or screwdriver to actually SCRAPE the crud off the coils ("brushing the coil").

Once you have a nice clean coil, put it all back together and it'll vape like new.  If you get gurgling, well, there are several reasons for that I won't go into here:  google is your friend.

Anyway, check out a video on rebuilding Protank coils.
Hey Todd, how's it goin'?

Offline timmah

• Vendor
  • Vape One Vape All
I must have had a brain fart. I have seen the vid on re-coiling the pro-tank 2. Just that I remember with the pro-tank 2 the wick would burn as well. I was thinking about that... Sorry  #T#

Aussie Vendor.

Online failte

• Vapeologist
Just that I remember with the pro-tank 2 the wick would burn as well. I was thinking about that... Sorry  #T#

No, it won't.  It's silica.  If you re-wick with cotton (I've been known to do that, but probably won't anymore for that very reason), then yes.  But the stock wick is silica.  Fire the crap outta it.

Offline jdlgail

well guys, just got 2 aspire CE5 cartos and not happy at all! the frist coil was great ,but did not last for as long as the juice 1 mil about,did dry burn no help ,put in 2.2 ohm coil,and did't last as lone as the frist coil ,put in another coil,same  thing , have another carto have not tried it yet ,but a coil over 2 bucks ,and know vapeaeeee,this is the  biggest  piece of junk I have gotten so far,maybe it's just the CE5 types,p,busardo raves about the one on you tube, but I think it's the vivi nova style, all I know is I spent 14 bucks for cartos and 2o +bucks for coils,and their junk IMO, going to stay with the rebuildable coil ones...........JDL

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Vaping Guru
When it comes to coils and cartos made in China you have to remember the people making them never have vaped. Let alone have a firm understanding about what works good and what will not perform. It's hit or miss.... and it seems when the mass production gets kicked up and the workers have to move quicker you get batches that are not useable.

I bought a dozen Vivi Nova heads after that first kit I got.. some worked perfect others did not ... still using them today... all of them are made perfect again monthly by a guy that chain vapes.... ME!!! I still think they are one of the easiest atomisers to rebuild.

For those of you that rebuild your own coils you understand what I mean.. how many times have you built a coil and had to adjust/tweak it with a pin or prod to glow perfect? And you vape everyday. So yeah with that said someone that never vaped making your coil might be a little worse off.

So with that said if you like the style and design enough getting a bunch of heads to cycle in rotation for the atty of your choice really isn't that bad in the long run... I been using that 35$ worth of atomiser for so long I cant remember. Having a perfect and reliable head every time made the little bit it took to make a good head all that much more worth it.

Offline jdlgail

darth, I'm with you ,some coils I make look great, but don't work vety well , still hit and miss when building them, still I will stay with single coil,top or bottom feed jdl

Offline timmah

• Vendor
  • Vape One Vape All
well guys, just got 2 aspire CE5 cartos and not happy at all! the frist coil was great ,but did not last for as long as the juice 1 mil about,did dry burn no help ,put in 2.2 ohm coil,and did't last as lone as the frist coil ,put in another coil,same  thing , have another carto have not tried it yet ,but a coil over 2 bucks ,and know vapeaeeee,this is the  biggest  piece of junk I have gotten so far,maybe it's just the CE5 types,p,busardo raves about the one on you tube, but I think it's the vivi nova style, all I know is I spent 14 bucks for cartos and 2o +bucks for coils,and their junk IMO, going to stay with the rebuildable coil ones...........JDL

I have to disagree with you on this one. I have the Vivi-Nova glass version and the CE-5 as well. They both use the same coils. The CE-5 just looks better on smaller batteries and isn't glass.

Do you think you are getting genuine coils? That's the only thing I can think of. There are 1.8 and 2.2ohm versions. I generally just double the voltage on dual coil tanks. They vape great for me.

Aussie Vendor.

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
my sister uses the ce5 version and really loves them,  i did have one that i was about to use when she stole it off me when she lost hers  ???,   i've tried hers quite a few times and they worked great,   gonna get me another one when i get chance,  its not very often i find an atty that i like   :{

Offline jdlgail

#@#well I tried the other aspire CE5 , and same thing ,work for about one fill,then very little vapor,i'm still going to stick with single bottom feed atties,at least I can rebuild them and getting much better performance fro them at haft the cost. also been getting great proformace from my iclear 30 been on the same coil for three weeks and still getting clouds of vapor,maybe will get the larger aspire when the cost comes down,which probably will not happen,still have viva novas that have not used yet,still like them ..jdl

Offline timmah

• Vendor
  • Vape One Vape All
There are a LOT of counterfeits on the market. Did you genuine parts?

Aussie Vendor.

Offline Mark Burton

• The Vaporizer
  • Chief Waffler
  • Beverage Supplier to the Naughty Corner
I think its the CE5 that Wabi has been trying to talk me into getting.   Where do you get real parts and perhaps more importantly, how can you tell counterfeits?  Thank you.

Offline timmah

• Vendor
  • Vape One Vape All
I think its the CE5 that Wabi has been trying to talk me into getting.   Where do you get real parts and perhaps more importantly, how can you tell counterfeits?  Thank you.

That is a bloody good question.

To be honest I am not sure. Ask them who they bought it from. Eigate is the correct answer.

Ask to see the wholesale packaging.

Should look like that...

Aussie Vendor.

Online failte

• Vapeologist
So I got my Aerotank yesterday.  And... as far as dual-coil goes, I'm not impressed.  At all.  I've had LOTS of single-coil heads that worked better, both off-the-shelf and home-rebuilt.  Both heads in the box were 2.x ohms.  So this weekend I'll probably rip out the poncy dual-coils and rebuild them with singles.

On the other hand, I REALLY APPRECIATE the air-flow control.  People say the Protanks are too airy - well, they're not airy ENOUGH for me, but the Aerotank wide open is.  Well, almost.  Close enough anyway.  And it won't drip liquid onto my battery contact, so I appreciate that.  And tight-draw people will get their way too: closed all the way, it's pretty damn tight.

To my surprise, the air-flow controller is NOT just an add-on to a standard Protank base, it IS the base. 

Looks-wise, I'm not a huge fan of the flat-top design, but with the straight tubular drip-tip, it actually looks pretty nice.  Said drip-tip doesn't exactly go in easy... but I figure that's because China.

Anyway, for < $20, I think it's a good deal. 

Online failte

• Vapeologist
Update: so I rebuilt my Aero dual-coil head as a single-coil, which works just as good if not better.  I'm really digging the Aero now, the adjustable air-flow actually makes it loose enough for me to enjoy (wide-open, for me).  And I REALLY appreciate not getting juice all over my battery contact.  So my ProTank II (one normal and two minis) is now "in the drawer".  Basically it's a set of $20 drip-tips now... :/

Offline KJR4413

• Demon Vaper
  • Vaping Guru
  • Demon on Wheels
 Just picked up an Aerotank to see what all the fuss is about.  ;)

Just for kicks, I measured the two coil heads that came with it; both marked 2.0 Ω, one measured 2.2, the other 2.3.
Keep yer stick on the ice! -- Red Green