The Vapers Den

Author Topic: Just bought the Kayfun Lite Plus  (Read 2649 times)

Offline fabfarms

Re: Just bought the Kayfun Lite Plus
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2013, 04:32:44 PM »
I have been vaping for 18 weeks. Also that was the day I quit smoking. Started with Ego C-Twist with Kanger T3S's. After awhile started getting adventerous. Trying different carto's and then thanks to GrimmGreen, bought a ITaste MVP 2 and a Kay Fun Lt. OMG!!! Of anything I have purchased before or since, nothing beats the Kay Fun Lt. for me. My current coil is 30ga. Kanthal with an Organic Cotton wick. It's 1.3 ohms and the taste and vapor is stellar. The good thing about organic cotton wicks are they are very easy to remove and rewick for changing juices. If you have a great coil, you can just dry burn to clean and reuse many times. Why wind a new one if you don't have to? The Kay Fun, at least for me has an occasional quirk and I haven't found a common denominator as to why it happens. There are times it just decides to flood on me. Sometimes I can get it to clear up on it's own. Others, I'll just take it apart and put it back together. It sometimes just seems to loose is pressure or something. The vape is so good, I don't mind the occasional problem. If you are find doing coils and the like a bit dounting, I just got a couple Vivi Nova X-Jet Mini's. They are working very well. The taste and vapor are surprising good. They work great on an ego style battery.

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Vaping Guru
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2013, 05:46:03 PM »
Welcome to the Den fabfarms!!!  :()()

Offline KJR4413

• Vaping Guru
  • Demon on Wheels
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2013, 06:45:02 PM »
Welcome to the Den fabfarms!  Why don't you head over to the New members section and start an introductory thread so everybody can came by and welcome you all proper-like?

I saw a video on building a navy nest setup for the Kayfun that got me interested in that atty. Unfortunately, I'm on more of a Russian 92% budget than a Kayfun Lite budget.  Hmm, some late-arriving Christmas money may have a purpose now…

I dunno -- still playing with my RSST.

Offline lazybones

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2014, 09:08:59 PM »
3mm wick is fine. I usually use 28 gauge wire and a total of 6mm for the wick (like 2 strands of 3 mm or 4 strands of 1.5).

I find the most important thing with a kayfun is to make sure the coil is off the airhole a bit and not to stuff the ends of the wick down tightly on the deck. As long as its got room to soak up juice they will deliver. A bit of experimenting and you'll find the best setup for you.

Playing around with mine atm, got a large microcoil (megacoil?) in mine ATM. About 5 winds around a 3 mm drill bit with doubled up 28 gauge. It weighs in at just under 1 ohm and belts out tons of tasty vapour. 3mm makes it easy to pull the cotton wool through.