The Vapers Den

Author Topic: Atomic RDA  (Read 1128 times)

Offline daredevil

• Vapeologist
  • Why so serious........
Atomic RDA
« on: December 05, 2013, 06:53:20 PM »
Well I thought I would give dripping a go I love my genesis but fancy a change.
After a little research watching reviews I decided on the atomic RDA should arrive in the morning.
I'm looking forward to trying out various coil builds starting with a trico build by riptripper.
will post pics and give first impressions tomorrow.

Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well

Offline SamIam

• Vapeologist
  • Location: Intergalactic, planetary...another dimension..another dimension.
  • I'll take a whole lot of lumps!
Re: Atomic RDA
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 06:58:05 PM »
I went to build a tricro..made it beautiful...got it in my nimbus...tightened it down and went to start threading the cotton in...then realized I put it in upside down!  :{ got so mad at myself I just put it up for another day!  :}}} I plan on revisiting it soon after the shame wears off.

Offline daredevil

• Vapeologist
  • Why so serious........
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 07:00:31 PM »
I went to build a tricro..made it beautiful...got it in my nimbus...tightened it down and went to start threading the cotton in...then realized I put it in upside down!  :{ got so mad at myself I just put it up for another day!  :}}} I plan on revisiting it soon after the shame wears off.

I'm sure it will be worth re building rip says it's the best build to date for him of course it's all down to preference but I fancy trying it out.
Good luck and let us know how it vapes.
I'll be doing my trico build tomorrow  8)

Online caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 08:00:33 PM »
i've really missed seeing that avatar every day wayne,   oh and i missed ya too,  good to have you back   :-* x:)x

Offline daredevil

• Vapeologist
  • Why so serious........
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 05:07:12 AM »
i've really missed seeing that avatar every day wayne,   oh and i missed ya too,  good to have you back   :-* x:)x

Thanks caz I missed you all too. ;D
Well I must say I am enjoying the atomic it's a great dripping atty well made and looks great on any mod you put it on.
I am running dual coil atm @ 0.8ohms with cotton wick.
I want to build a quad coil see how that goes i'll post pics shortly.

Offline mrtattootoyou

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 06:19:39 AM »
sorry for posting in the wrong kind of thread but i wanted to know how sub ohms vape i wanna give them a shot with my sigelei, do you get a good vape from them?

Offline daredevil

• Vapeologist
  • Why so serious........
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 05:13:34 PM »
sorry for posting in the wrong kind of thread but i wanted to know how sub ohms vape i wanna give them a shot with my sigelei, do you get a good vape from them?
It's a great vape but just be sure to check what amp you're pushing through the battery when your coil is built you need som of these batteries for sub vaping link below mate
http://shmovapes.co.uk/13-batteries-

Online failte

• Vapeologist
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 06:02:46 PM »
So it looks like I got everything right on my Atomic.  .7 ohm 2.5 mm dual-coils of 28 gauge, nothing fancy, cotton wicked in the normal through-the-coil fashion.  Vapes like NOTHING I've ever done or had before.  If I were to put in 100% VG I could probably blow Rip Tripper-like clouds, but that's not my thing.

I don't actually ascribe my success to the Atomic (or the K101 it's sitting on) - although the amount of air-flow when wide open probably has something to do with it.  I think everything just came together perfectly (for a change) - the wicking, the coil's position and size, the air-flow. 

Now, of course, every other atomizer is going to be held to this standard.  Guess I'll have to drill out my genny air-holes even more...

And by the way: it's on a K101 because the Atomic is only 17 or 18 mm wide, and looks funny on 24mm mods.  IMHO. 
Hey Todd, how's it goin'?

Offline daredevil

• Vapeologist
  • Why so serious........
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2014, 06:23:18 AM »
I use mine on my stingray it looks pretty funky  8) it's great when a build comes together  ;D