The Vapers Den

Author Topic: Blue Raspberry Recipe?  (Read 2538 times)

Offline Dave

• Vapeologist
  • Smoking is a drag, Vaping is a gas.
Blue Raspberry Recipe?
« on: August 11, 2013, 09:33:14 AM »
Hello all, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to put this. I found a Blue Raspberry flavor that I went crazy for. Problem is it's not in stock a lot and I think I'm ready to start mixing my own juice soon. This is the bottle I got  http://www.myvaporstore.com/Blue_Raspberry_High_Caliber_Eliquid_p/usliq-blra.htm  I had a 50/50 with 24% nic. I REALLY LOVED the taste and for me it was truly an all day vape for me. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.        Dave

Online danwldr

• The Modfather
  • Global Moderator
  • Chief Waffler
Re: Blue Raspberry Recipe?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 11:26:02 AM »
Start by reading here- http://www.thevapersden.com/index.php/topic,1877.0.html

Then ask any thing you like, we are all here to guide you through your first mixing attempt  :)+1
3rd vapersary 23/12/2014

<~~~~~sign or you will suffer dry hits and a crappy battery life

Online caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 12:24:33 PM »
i was chatting with dave about this last night,  think he wants to try and create something similar to the blue raspberry from myvapourstore,  they dont do flavour concentrates there,   so if anyone has tried that particular flavour from myvapourstore and can suggest something similar that he could try and create himself  that would be great   :)+1

Online danwldr

• The Modfather
  • Global Moderator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 12:44:47 PM »
Ahhhh....I see, can't really help there as I haven't tried it

But a great blue raspberry juice is Pappa Smurph by Flavorz by Joe

3rd vapersary 23/12/2014

Offline Lettie22

• Vaping Goddess
  • Chief Waffler
  • Trying hard to be a geek girl!
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 12:45:27 PM »
I have tasted it and actually have a little that someone gave me while ago.   This stuff is some really sweat juice.   I tried searching for a recipe and the only thing I came up with was this site that shows using 70% blueberry and 30% raspberry for "their" premix of a replica of the Jolly Rancher blue raspberry candy.   I think you'd have to put quite a bit of sweetener in however you end up making this.   

I plan on doing some mixing tomorrow and if you want, I can play around with my concentrates and see what I can come up with for something close.    However, I'm not too good at replicating, BUT I do have a shitload of concentrates I can play with.   

http://www.gourmetvapor.com/flavor.php?flav=4358&show=&q=
Paulette         Vaping since 10-18-11

"If you choose to do nothing now, don't be surprised when you have nothing (vape-wise) later."   By Mark Burton

Offline Dave

• Vapeologist
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 01:53:15 PM »
Thank you caz for clearing that up, some times things get lost from my brain to the keyboard.  x}
thanks Dan for the link, I have the VERY beginnings of a kitchen started. I do have a bit of a sweet tooth so I'm guessing that is why the sweet juice works for me the best even thou I like others as well.
Thanks Lettie and if it's not too much trouble I'd love to know what goes in it. I am getting PG, VG, and nic asap, just waiting for wizard. I'm sure I'll have to sweeten most any mix I get and I think I read that it might make my atty burn out quicker but that is the price I'm more then willing to pay. I'm really enjoying vaping and am glad to say it's been about a month since my last cigar. Thanks again for your help.

Offline Lettie22

• Vaping Goddess
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013, 02:10:23 PM »
No problem Dave, I'll see what I can do.   At least I have some of the stuff here to vape and compare!

"If you choose to do nothing now, don't be surprised when you have nothing (vape-wise) later."   By Mark Burton

Offline Lettie22

• Vaping Goddess
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2013, 02:09:13 PM »
I spent over an hour looking for two different blueberry concentrates I bought about 2 months ago (I think from Capella and/or FlavourArt) and I STILL can't find them, so I used some "The Flavor Apprentice" blueberry I had and I think it really came out well.  In fact, I like it better than the High Caliber Blue Raspberry, but remember that taste is subjective, but I think you can work it to how you might light it!

7% TFA  "Blueberry Extra"
5% FlavourArt Raspberry
4% Cotton Candy (this came from Health Cabin a long time ago, but I think any brand will do -- it is just a great sweetener)

Good luck and let us know how you come out with it!

Offline Dave

• Vapeologist
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2013, 03:12:57 PM »
Thank you so much Lettie for all your help!!!! I just ordered some nic and flavors from wizard labs today. I got raspberry, blueberry, pomegranate, and some marshmellow. With that recipe I hope to get close to the Blue Raspberry with what I got. I'll let you know after it comes in the mail. MANY THANKS again!     :()() :)+1 :]=]    Dave

Online caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2013, 04:03:35 PM »
i'm not too fussed on flavour art flavours,   but  flavour apprentice/perfumers apprentice  and capella  i love their apple flavours both brands can be my all day vapes. 

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Vaping Guru
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2013, 07:14:55 PM »
Yeah most of Flavor Arts stuff to me just tastes off or too much like chemicals and nothing like what they are supposed to be.

Offline Lettie22

• Vaping Goddess
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2013, 06:52:42 AM »
Actually, I got the FlavourArt Raspberry to try Patman69's recipe for Raspberry Truffle; and I haven't made that yet!     :{

Offline Dave

• Vapeologist
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2013, 09:26:01 AM »
WOOOoo HOOoooo I got my first batch in my tank!!! Not exactly what I was looking for but I didn't expect it my first time mixing. I'll let you know about the next batch after I get done with this one. THANKS for all your help!! :]=]

Offline Dave

• Vapeologist
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2013, 12:37:13 PM »
This batch was MUCH closer then what I was looking for this time! I did a few real small tests and I think I got pretty darn close now. I put extra sweetener in it and made a 20ml batch that tasted pretty good. I should start saving a bit more (as long as the shinny syndrome doesn't get me) money now and thanks to people like Lettie, Caz, Darth, and all the others who helped me in other posts I made. :()()  :]=]

Online caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2013, 12:44:01 PM »
really pleased the mixing is working out good for you dave,  lot cheaper as well  ;)

Offline Lettie22

• Vaping Goddess
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2013, 07:31:03 AM »
Dave, it is always great when you put together a flavor that you really like.   Once you get into it, you will find it is so much cheaper than buying pre-mixes!

Online danwldr

• The Modfather
  • Global Moderator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2013, 07:58:39 AM »
Congrats Dave, its great when a recipe works out

On a lower note.......shiney always gets you  :}}}
3rd vapersary 23/12/2014