The Vapers Den

Author Topic: SMOKtech terminator tt?  (Read 1748 times)

Offline gaffer

• Vapeologist
SMOKtech terminator tt?
« on: June 09, 2013, 11:27:47 PM »
I just saw this in the gotvapes email i got http://www.gotvapes.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=197_277&products_id=1680 anyone have any info on this yet? I kind of worry it will have the same issues some of the current other auto feeders have of, well, NOT auto feeding but for the price I think i might be willing to take the risk... well once i get some income again ;)

Online CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
  • YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
Re: SMOKtech terminator tt?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 07:32:54 AM »
Tod's Review of the SmokTeck Terminator RDA Tank

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkyBQa3x7jA

YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline danwldr

• The Modfather
  • Global Moderator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 07:45:43 AM »
There you go, Todds saved you the bother of even trying  w:)w
3rd vapersary 23/12/2014

<~~~~~sign or you will suffer dry hits and a crappy battery life

Offline gaffer

• Vapeologist
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 09:10:54 AM »
hmm thats disappointing. but the last time I watched a review of todds that was negative my experience with the product ended up being totally opposite... but then again it wasn't bad enough for him to pull out an angle grinder and destroy the product he was review last time  ???

hopefully someone will come out with a good, working version of this design that isnt 50-100 USD

Offline QueenxChaosx

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 11:20:44 AM »
Does look rather pleasing to the eye nevertheless doesn't speak for performance. I wish I was handy enough to build tanks I'm terrible even with replacement part ones if parts need replacing I'm always like eh'''''' buy a new tank :/

Offline gaffer

• Vapeologist
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 11:26:42 AM »
queen, there are a lot of replaceable head systems out there that are as easy as filling it, no point to spend 4 times the money just to avoid unscrewing and putting something back in

one thing i noticed with todd was that he said it performed well but the rebuild was the ridiculous part and i saw that they are selling the ceramic cups prebuilt for rather cheaply (At least for the killer 705 atty which people were saying the cup was standard in a few of these devices) as long as those fit then this might be a good option since it seemed that one of the biggest issues todd had in the rebuild was with the cup itself.

Offline QueenxChaosx

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 11:49:08 AM »
The one I brought today has replaceable parts , which came with spares so I will stick to this gaffer i spent more than normal & it seems more solid, my other replacement part tanks have been so cheap to be honest I've not minded disposing of them.

Online CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
  • YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 12:42:22 PM »
 So what did you get QC ?
“The one I brought today has replaceable parts” but which one did you get ?

YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline QueenxChaosx

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 02:37:17 PM »
So what did you get QC ?
“The one I brought today has replaceable parts” but which one did you get ?

Only the vivi nova 3.5ml one came with atomiser heads or something, I can't get too technical lol I'm the type if it works well for me thats all i need to know  :) getting myself educated slowly on vaping equipment, had to ask about batteries etc other day I got so lost

Offline danwldr

• The Modfather
  • Global Moderator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 02:40:47 PM »
Nova's work really well and 3.5ml should see you through the day :)
3rd vapersary 23/12/2014

<~~~~~sign or you will suffer dry hits and a crappy battery life

Offline QueenxChaosx

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2013, 02:49:49 PM »

So far I am impressed & i like i won't have to refill more than once a day, whatever tank I use if I can taste the liquid as I should & get the plumes of "vapour" I like it gets my vote. Its just getting a vv sorted next then i shall be as happy as a pig in *ahem*  :)

Offline SMonkey

• Dan's Gang Member
  • Vaping Guru
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2013, 02:51:43 PM »

So far I am impressed & i like i won't have to refill more than once a day, whatever tank I use if I can taste the liquid as I should & get the plumes of "vapour" I like it gets my vote. Its just getting a vv sorted next then i shall be as happy as a pig in *ahem*  :)

Poo?

Offline QueenxChaosx

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2013, 03:00:05 PM »
Indeed  ;D

Offline gaffer

• Vapeologist
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2013, 11:26:42 PM »
So I got to try one of these today... It was a complete and utter disappointment that I think could have been fixed if the bottom of the atty locked into the base so you could actually adjust the flow control. I just could not get the thing to actually screw onto a device and get it adjusted, it could screw down but then when you adjust it the atty would come off the device and I could adjust it but it would close off when i threaded it on the device. Great idea but it was missing that last 10% (filling was also rather difficult). Maybe I didn't get it enough time to figure it out but, yeah, very sad face because I had been looking forward to this product, I didn't even get to see if it vaped well because I couldn't get it to actually feed enough it and only got horrid burnt taste from it.

Online CraigHB

• Vaping Engineer
  • Mod Maker
  • Vaping Guru
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2013, 05:21:02 PM »
That seems to happen a lot where new atomizers are a total fail.  You have to wonder if the people making them ever try to use them.

Offline gaffer

• Vapeologist
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2013, 08:18:07 PM »
I talked to one of my bosses today about it and he showed me how to make it work better but I didn't try it with juice or anything. Supposedly the killer is just as difficult to use. I will probably try it out again at some point down the road because a carto tank just doesnt cut it for flavor and TH for me, or at least not good enough for what i ~want~.

Offline gaffer

• Vapeologist
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2013, 07:34:52 PM »
Ok so I have this another go today. I realized that I was actually opening up the build section not the feed connection.

It vapes OK when it gets juice but it seemed to not feed very well when it was full and was really inconsistent and even get dry with the thing full open. Even with the slightest opening on it the top of the atty and the tank wobble like mad. As i was walking down the street puffing away it flooded totally in one single draw (to the point that i closed it off and was able to shake it out 3 times).

I can see how this might work ok but frankly it is way to finicky. Really With the way that the killer, terminator, etc etc work I do not see why we need a special atty for it to work at the same level. I think if you used the same open post 510-510 long connector and a standard long 510 atty you could get the same experience for a hell of a lot cheaper... and if you could incorporate that connector solidly into a tank bottom it would be so much easier to use since you wouldn't have to worry about the bottom sticking to to top part granted that is all the amp tank is with just some specifics on the tank orings to make it easier to twist but I think there is a much cheaper way to get that same function.

Still gets a thumbs down but maybe not as bad. The flavor is also not amazing, it is good but it made my juice taste a tiny bit soapy some hits.

It is something to play with but yeah, I would be surprised if you could get this working to the point that you could use it all day.