The Vapers Den

Author Topic: Vision Spinner VV Ego vs. EGO Twist  (Read 9499 times)

Offline Mark Burton

• The Vaporizer
  • Chief Waffler
  • Beverage Supplier to the Naughty Corner
Vision Spinner VV Ego vs. EGO Twist
« on: September 15, 2012, 04:50:55 PM »
I am over on the "Gotvapes" website looking around and probably about to get my wallet in trouble again and there I see the "debut" of the Vision Spinner VV Ego.  Anyone know what the difference is between this and the EGO Twist?  I just ordered the Ego Twist 1000 and I understand it is waiting at home for me when I get back from SF.  Should I be looking at purchasing the Spinner as well?  If so, what are the differences? benefits and detriments.

Thanks!!!

Online danwldr

• The Modfather
  • Global Moderator
  • Chief Waffler
Re: Vision Spinner VV Ego vs. EGO Twist
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 05:03:21 PM »
its a vision product, where as the twist is joyetech....its exactly the same, although this has 1100MaH.....and it has a red line  ::)
http://www.gotvapes.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=104_214&products_id=1127
3rd vapersary 23/12/2014

<~~~~~sign or you will suffer dry hits and a crappy battery life

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Vaping Guru
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 05:52:21 PM »
I picked up a Ego Twist this week (650mah) my only beef is its a bit long. Glad I didn't get the 1000mah
Once you have an atty or tank setup on top it's a bit on the ridiculous side.

Think both of these VV devices would be a better sell if they changed over to a shorter wider battery.

I can only comment on the Twist though as I have tried it.... has a decent range of voltage and works well... It's replaced the standard Ego in my carry around backup kit.

Offline Mark Burton

• The Vaporizer
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 06:24:24 PM »
Thanks!! You just saved my wallet a hit.  I will wait to try out the Ego Twist I have waiting for my return and then go ahead and decide if I need another toy.

Offline CraigHB

• Vaping Engineer
  • Mod Maker
  • Vaping Guru
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 06:35:21 AM »
Think both of these VV devices would be a better sell if they changed over to a shorter wider battery.

I would agree.  Features take space, there's no way around it.  I would rather go wider than longer.  The kGo VV has a lot of features in a 14mm eGo size tube.  It's ridiculously long and only 650mAh.

http://www.hoosierecig.com/KGO-VV-batteries-30--60-volts_p_250.html

Offline gaffer

• Vapeologist
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 11:08:48 AM »
I picked up a Ego Twist this week (650mah) my only beef is its a bit long. Glad I didn't get the 1000mah
Once you have an atty or tank setup on top it's a bit on the ridiculous side.

I can only comment on the Twist though as I have tried it.... has a decent range of voltage and works well... It's replaced the standard Ego in my carry around backup kit.
are the twist versions much longer than the standard ones? i also dont get the 1000-1100 ones, they would have to be HUGE! personally the 650 mah batteries hold plenty for me, even if i am vaping all day long i will change batteries once.

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Vaping Guru
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 12:02:58 PM »
The 650mah Ego Twist is the same length as the 1000mah Ego standard battery Gaffer.

If your going to use a 650mah Twist for all day use and plan on upping the voltage you may want to get two of them as the battery will drain quicker the higher you go.

Offline gaffer

• Vapeologist
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 01:05:04 PM »
The 650mah Ego Twist is the same length as the 1000mah Ego standard battery Gaffer.

If your going to use a 650mah Twist for all day use and plan on upping the voltage you may want to get two of them as the battery will drain quicker the higher you go.

yeah i can see that. other thing i was wondering is if they drop off as they drain down like the standard ones do around 50%?

Offline Lettie22

• Vaping Goddess
  • Chief Waffler
  • Trying hard to be a geek girl!
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 01:38:55 PM »
Gaffer, I have both the 650 and 900; and the 900 is only about 5mm longer than the 650; but the 1000 is a LOT more!
Paulette         Vaping since 10-18-11

"If you choose to do nothing now, don't be surprised when you have nothing (vape-wise) later."   By Mark Burton

Offline Horseman

• Vapeologist
  • Army Medic 1968-1971
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 01:58:50 PM »
So what are you saying Paulette, size does not matter?  MUCH :D :D :D :D
Vaping since 10/22/2010

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Vaping Guru
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2012, 02:54:24 PM »

yeah i can see that. other thing i was wondering is if they drop off as they drain down like the standard ones do around 50%?

I haven't used the Twist enough to comment Gaffer.... but the standard Ego's only drop off right before they go dead from what I have seen so far from the Twist it does pretty much the same.... from what I understand the cloned Ego's have no PWM chip in them and fade throughout there run time... not sure which ones you were using.

Offline gaffer

• Vapeologist
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2012, 03:23:52 PM »

I haven't used the Twist enough to comment Gaffer.... but the standard Ego's only drop off right before they go dead from what I have seen so far from the Twist it does pretty much the same.... from what I understand the cloned Ego's have no PWM chip in them and fade throughout there run time... not sure which ones you were using.

hmmm interesting because i am using totally wicked ego c batteries, which as far as i understood were joytech products with the TW stamp on them, and they do seem to change through out the charge (maybe i am just rather sensitive to a small change or maybe my fluids just show it more). at fresh charge for a hand full of  draws it is a bit too powerful for some fluids, then drops off to a very nice level for the top 50%, the 2nd color range (i think 50-10%) gives a very slight lower power until it gets to the bottom low level.

other than the last few pulls the variation is rather minimal but my super detail oriented self does notice it ;)

i figure on the twists if i notice it at all i can always just bump it up a click as it gets lower... now to just get some money so i can buy a couple of them ;)

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Vaping Guru
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2012, 03:29:46 PM »
I never purchased one of those color changing Ego's to comment... maybe they have changed the electronics and done away with the PWM chip. The shop you ordered from does sell genuine Joye as far as I know, so doubt you have fakes.

Offline gaffer

• Vapeologist
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2012, 03:35:55 PM »
I never purchased one of those color changing Ego's to comment... maybe they have changed the electronics and done away with the PWM chip. The shop you ordered from does sell genuine Joye as far as I know, so doubt you have fakes.
yeah i might just be rather sensitive to it or my fluids might be vaping right at their high end so i can notice the changes more.

while i dont know my electronics that well i do think there is probably a limitation to the power you can get out of a battery even when it is regulated so as it drops it might put out the same voltage but i would think the wattage and amperage would fade a small amount as the mah of the battery is used up.

Offline Mark Burton

• The Vaporizer
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2012, 10:54:32 PM »
Lesson Learned... last evening, I returned from the wedding I am up here for and I was rather buzzed (this may be an understatement).  I do recall a gentleman stealing borrowing one of my Ego T's w/mini nova and hitting on it like he was in high school smoking a completely different device that we may not discuss on this site.  Long story short, I decided that my Ego T was tainted AND upon drunk buzzed review of various websites, I decided i needed two more Ego Twists of different colors.  I reviewed my purchases this morning upon waking... ??? :o   Oh well... and the lesson learned???? don't go window shopping on the internet after multiple martinis...  :'(

Offline JohnEAngel

• Personal Text
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2012, 11:04:43 PM »
way too late for me. 50% of my purchases i only know about the next day when i see an email from a vendor. 
Signature

Offline Mark Burton

• The Vaporizer
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2012, 11:32:14 PM »
John,

SOOOOOOO Glad its not just me!!!!! 

Offline Lettie22

• Vaping Goddess
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2012, 07:52:14 AM »
John,

SOOOOOOO Glad its not just me!!!!!

Can't remember who else posted something like this Mark; but there are many of us!    ???

Two Twist batteries tho -- you can't go wrong!

"If you choose to do nothing now, don't be surprised when you have nothing (vape-wise) later."   By Mark Burton

Online danwldr

• The Modfather
  • Global Moderator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2012, 08:05:11 AM »
Yes, i have done the drunken internet shopping once or twice ::).....thing is I always delete my emails too.....so it really is a suprise when something turns up :))
3rd vapersary 23/12/2014

Offline Mark Burton

• The Vaporizer
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2012, 09:23:39 AM »
The  one thing I have learned over time, well kind of learned... No Drunk Facebooking!!!!  and I don't think I Drunk Denned either!!!  Thank God!!! :D :D

Offline jdlgail

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2012, 10:23:30 AM »
one thing I want to say about vaping, wait a week something new will come out thats seams better than what you have, been only vaping 4 mo. and have gotten  six different mods amd all the diffrent cartos and atts and tanks and lets not forget the repairables ,happy vaping to you all

Offline Lettie22

• Vaping Goddess
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2012, 10:42:34 AM »
one thing I want to say about vaping, wait a week something new will come out thats seams better than what you have, been only vaping 4 mo. and have gotten  six different mods amd all the diffrent cartos and atts and tanks and lets not forget the repairables ,happy vaping to you all

I think that's why some folks call it a hobby . . . or obsession!   :))

Online danwldr

• The Modfather
  • Global Moderator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2012, 11:23:53 AM »
Its a hobby  ;D
3rd vapersary 23/12/2014

Offline Mark Burton

• The Vaporizer
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2012, 06:49:33 PM »
Agreed its a hobby, however, its a hobby with a compulsion and compulsions are what make obsessions so very very dangerous.

Offline Simone

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2012, 07:01:59 PM »
For me it's a compulsion!
Have to agree with Mark!