The Vapers Den

Author Topic: The Hammer (26650 Tube Mod)  (Read 3459 times)

Offline Nick "RedWolfe"

The Hammer (26650 Tube Mod)
« on: May 30, 2013, 07:27:22 PM »
For the past month or so I have been working on this mechanical. Called the Hammer, it's a tube mod designed to look like the grip of a hammer or gavel. I plan on having it made of Stainless Steel soon. Right now I am finishing up the CAD blueprints and then sending it off to a machinist. Last night I was showing it off in the VapeTV Live chatroom and I had 6 or 7 people tell me they wanted one.

At first it started as a bottom plunger style switch but I was heavily encouraged to do a side top switch instead. I like how it turned out in the render either way. I really enjoyed designing this mod and I really want to see it come to life.

26650 Cell
Stainless body
Brass Contacts
Copper hot-spring

1.32" OD 4.7" Height

Offline danwldr

• The Modfather
  • Global Moderator
  • Chief Waffler
Re: The Hammer (26650 Tube Mod)
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 07:31:19 PM »
Looking good mate, how many are you intending on making? I may well be very interested  ::)

Offline Victoria

• Vaping Guru
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 07:36:25 PM »
 x}

Offline Nick "RedWolfe"

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 07:46:54 PM »
Looking good mate, how many are you intending on making? I may well be very interested  ::)

Not sure yet. I have to get a few prototypes made first and then I plan on doing a co-op to get it rolling. I might start with 50+ but it all depends on the interest it gets.

Offline danwldr

• The Modfather
  • Global Moderator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 07:48:16 PM »

Not sure yet. I have to get a few prototypes made first and then I plan on doing a co-op to get it rolling. I might start with 50+ but it all depends on the interest it gets.
sweet,  will be watching  ;D

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Vaping Guru
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 08:32:13 PM »
Good looking mod Nick. Yeah I agree a bottom button on a big mod like that would feel a little off. It takes up a good part of your grip just to hold on to a 26650 mod.

Offline maria d

• Vapeologist
  • Mr B.

Offline TopCookie

• Vaping Guru
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 11:25:16 AM »
For the past month or so I have been working on this mechanical. Called the Hammer, it's a tube mod designed to look like the grip of a hammer or gavel. I plan on having it made of Stainless Steel soon. Right now I am finishing up the CAD blueprints and then sending it off to a machinist. Last night I was showing it off in the VapeTV Live chatroom and I had 6 or 7 people tell me they wanted one.

At first it started as a bottom plunger style switch but I was heavily encouraged to do a side top switch instead. I like how it turned out in the render either way. I really enjoyed designing this mod and I really want to see it come to life.

26650 Cell
Stainless body
Brass Contacts
Copper hot-spring

1.32" OD 4.7" Height

Put me down for one of these Wolfe...  :)

Offline danwldr

• The Modfather
  • Global Moderator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 03:51:14 PM »

:}}}

Offline Lettie22

• Vaping Goddess
  • Chief Waffler
  • Tryin hard to be a geek girl!
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2013, 03:57:17 PM »

:}}}

WHAT the heck are YOU laughing at Dan?    YOU buy everything!    x:)x

Offline TopCookie

• Vaping Guru
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2013, 09:31:02 PM »
lololol...  our Dan has the fever much worse than me, eh...   ;D

Offline gaffer

• Vapeologist
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2013, 10:38:59 PM »
26650... dayum

looks pretty cool though (despite the fact I am not too interested in mechs right now nor that big of a device), but i think 2 little things that might be complaints people will have (or more so complaints I have heard on other mechs and devices in general) are 1) no real drip well and 2) no ego cone threading

for the first one I think if you added a deep circle cut into it you would get a pretty functional drip well and it might make a cool cross hair/reticle look

for the second i know a lot of people argue over this but its one of those if you have it people cant complain you don't have it... and it also creates a functional drip well

... just my 2 cents though

I would love to see a VV device with that same styling, nice industrial/tactical vibe going on there.

Offline Nick "RedWolfe"

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2013, 02:48:35 AM »
26650... dayum

looks pretty cool though (despite the fact I am not too interested in mechs right now nor that big of a device), but i think 2 little things that might be complaints people will have (or more so complaints I have heard on other mechs and devices in general) are 1) no real drip well and 2) no ego cone threading

for the first one I think if you added a deep circle cut into it you would get a pretty functional drip well and it might make a cool cross hair/reticle look

for the second i know a lot of people argue over this but its one of those if you have it people cant complain you don't have it... and it also creates a functional drip well

... just my 2 cents though

I would love to see a VV device with that same styling, nice industrial/tactical vibe going on there.

I myself rarely use anything that has ego cone threading so I have no use for it. If I did I just use an adapter. It would also look a little ridiculous. I designed it for the mech/genny/RBA crowd.

Offline TopCookie

• Vaping Guru
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2013, 07:17:09 AM »
I have a Super-T Shockwave 26650...  that is used almost exclusively with rebuildable drippers now, as those 26650 IMR batteries can supply the current you need for dual coil builds with real ease... 

Offline BigT

• just trying to make my vaping quest better
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2013, 11:46:04 AM »
that will be neat :()()