The Vapers Den

Author Topic: Pennsylvania's year old vape tax is crippling the industry - ChurnMag  (Read 73 times)

Offline Kate

• Vaping Hoser
  • Chief Waffler
  • Only in CANADA, EH
"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he."

James Allen

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
Re: Pennsylvania's year old vape tax is crippling the industry - ChurnMag
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 08:02:52 PM »
Damn the adverts on that site are annoying.

Anyways the tax is doing what it was put in place for. Basically they get revenue from squeezing the vape retailers out of business. Unfortunately the scumbag politicians think that the vapers will go back to smoking.

Most will cross borders to friendly states or order online.  :)+1

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 08:12:21 PM »
From what I am seeing where I live the small local vape retailers really aren't making it. Great place to get a first vape but once you are on your way you end up getting your stuff online. Simply because the small local shop doesn't have the funds for overhead to stock all the latest and greatest mods.

All the ones around me had some sort of lounge setup.. some had pool tables.. coffee bar setups. At first lots of people hung out, but once those people started seeing other customers with nice gear bought online and elsewhere they start losing business quick. The nicest one near me don't really let you linger after the sale is made.

With that said it's a struggling endeavor to begin with.. adding a tax just sees them put out quicker.

Wouldn't be surprised if Big Tobacco advised them on that. They have been stalking this market since the day it started.

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Apple Queen
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 06:56:00 AM »
the vape shop by me is shut down,  doesnt surprise me,  he was trying to sell juice for 7.00 for 10ml and that was not the premium type juice  online the same brand juice was 4.00, was afraid to look at the prices of the premium stuff,    the price of the basic mods were around 60,   safe to say  i was never gonna shop there,   not when i can get an istick for 20 and juice for 1.

If i had worked there i would have felt like i was ripping vapers off. 
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 07:42:04 AM by caz »

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 10:07:22 PM »
I have one I can walk to... only been there a handful of times. Really limited offerings. Usually no more then 4 device models for sale... bunch of homemade juice.. only a couple of atomisers. No clue how they are able to even pay the rent for the store... 2 of the display cases are empty.. one had some bags of McDonalds crumpled up in it.. used as sort of a dumpster display. The other one just had just random objects in.. box of staples.. coffee cup .. junk.

The best part was when they said they could get any device I wanted. They would have to order it.  #@#

LOL most people have computers, smartphones, tablets and other meant to get on the net and order something.  :{

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Apple Queen
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 07:03:36 AM »
i buy everything i want online,   its easier and you can find exactly what you want at a touch of a button,  my son even buys his clothes online,     been a lot of clothing stores shut down. 

I found out the other day  there is was another vape shop a couple of miles from me,  thats shut down also,  online prices are a lot cheaper and its mega easy to find lots of sales. 

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently