The Vapers Den

Author Topic: Last Chance!!!  (Read 367 times)

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Apple Queen
Re: Last Chance!!!
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2017, 11:45:51 AM »

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2017, 04:28:22 PM »
No idea, rik.

As far as I know, there has been no regulation of nicotine base - unlike in the EU. But it could happen at any time without any advance public notice.

Being the prudent sort, I have tucked away several liters.

MFS seems to always have 100 mg/ml base available in various PG/VG ratios. Their standard price is $50/liter plus shipping. But sometimes it goes on sale for $40/liter and orders over $70 total always have free shipping.

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2017, 04:33:55 PM »
Thanks VF, I'm wondering if the nic has a shelf life of 16yrs, even if stored in the freezer??

If kept below 0 deg F (whatever that is in deg C), it will last forever. So should flavorings, but they might have solids settle out. I think those should redissolve upon warming/heating.

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
  • Cheerios are NOT donut seeds!!!
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2017, 06:09:03 PM »
Well, at least we know it's there.  Maybe they're going to systematically disassemble all vaping and they'll get to that in the 2nd wave?
-- Rik

Cigarettes RIP 10-20-2014

"Everybody quits smoking one way or another, I just so happen to quit and am NOT six feet under."

Online CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
  • YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2017, 07:18:11 PM »
 Without the nic base we have nothing, the rest of it has get-arounds, we can always get wire, cotton, VG & the likes I would assume flavouring would be sold as food flavouring and the word get passed around as to what to use.
Always the Mech & a dripper to fall back on, they last forever but we got to have the nicotine
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2017, 07:32:51 PM »
My mate missed the boat on darkstar so he is going to chance MFS when he runs out. I'll let him be the Guinea pig and see if it gets through.

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2017, 07:40:48 PM »
A question for our Uk members. Do shipping companies like DHL have to declare ALL imported packages contents to customs in the UK. What I mean is, do you guys get hit every time a package is over the set £ import amount allowed before tax is applyed. I would order from MFS but DHL have to declare the package and it's contents to Irish customs regardless of the contents/value. We used to be able to order and the packages were only spot checked, so there was a high chance stuff got through without tax added.

Online CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2017, 09:02:42 PM »
 No idea but I once bought a £50 knife sharpener from the USA & had to pay tax on that.
I have also had things from China that I defiantly shouldn't have at all & they got through no problem, admittedly the contents description wasn't technically correct well nothing at all like the items inside the package’s.  >:D
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2017, 10:53:18 PM »
Those of you in the UK have it hard with customs, as the value limit is so low.  Here in the US, it has to be something like $300 before there is any duty.

Unlike the Chinese sellers, who make a habit of stating an undervalue price on the form, I believe MFS states actual value.

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline pwmeek

• Vapeologist
  • -Sesquipedalian Man- You can call me Pete
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2017, 08:12:50 AM »
I'm so clueless I don't know.  Hey VF, should I start stockpiling living here in the USA? #?# #?# #?#

Well, dependant on nicotine as I am, I have 10 liters of 50 mg/ml base tucked away along with enough 100 mg/ml base to bring it up to my current level. I could vape the 50 as it is if I had to; it would just mean puffing more often.
--Pete                                       Using nicotine is not the same as smoking.
Individuals have a right to Harm Reduction.

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Apple Queen
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2017, 09:04:42 AM »
i think if i lived in the US i would definately be stockpiling nic base and devices,   you guys have a nightmare compared to us in Europe.  At least we dont have a potential ban.

If i was a mixer i would have stockpiled a ton of nic here in the UK,  but as i'm not and LiQuid juice is so cheap anyway i just put a litre or so by,  it will probably never be used. 

I took a look around a few vendors sites this morning,  cant believe some charge £5 for 10ml   i'm more than happy with my £1 juice

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2017, 11:06:03 AM »
The reason I asked that question is because I have a UK address that I could ship an order from MFS to. It's not so much having to pay  any tax but if the delivery company declare the contents, customs would seize it as it would be above the nic/size limits.

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2017, 01:53:03 PM »
I'm kinda stockpiling mods and attys, and Nautilus coils.  I think I have about 8 packs of coils right now and will be ordering another 2 in the coming weeks.

I'm gonna have to change out coils in my Nautilus Mini after only a week and a half.  I've been going 2-3+ weeks with coils, but forgot how quick dark e-juice gunks up a coil.

Ladies and Gentlemen, is there a way to clean a gunked up coil, soaking, brushing or something? #?# #?# #?#
-- Rik

"Everybody quits smoking one way or another, I just so happen to quit and am NOT six feet under."

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2017, 06:21:15 PM »
I used to soak them in vodka overnight but to be honest, you only get another few days. I just thought it was a pain in the ass and the gf didn't appreciate me robbing her vodka!!

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2017, 09:22:27 PM »
I decided against even messing with it.  I've got like 8 packs of coils, so one from the open box is no biggie really. 

I'm a vodka drinker myself, so I'd find it hard to sacrifice some to a clean a coil.
-- Rik

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2017, 05:06:14 AM »
I have never had much success cleaning commercial coils without changing the wick. I have even dry burned and brushed the coils and, as Ian noted, only got a few more days out of them.

To me, it just was not worth the effort.

I Vape and I Vote!

Online CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2017, 02:18:58 PM »
I took a look around a few vendors sites this morning,  cant believe some charge £5 for 10ml   i'm more than happy with my £1 juice
Take a look at what they charge for PREMIUM liquid Caz it can get ridiculous
I think they simply put the same liquid in a fancy bottle call it PREMIUM and charge through the roof for it.
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Apple Queen
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2017, 03:00:45 PM »
yeah i've seen the premium prices and just laugh,   i'm cheap and i wont pay more than £3 for 10ml

Offline pwmeek

• Vapeologist
  • -Sesquipedalian Man- You can call me Pete
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2017, 07:43:41 AM »
I'm kinda stockpiling mods and attys, and Nautilus coils.  I think I have about 8 packs of coils right now and will be ordering another 2 in the coming weeks.

I'm gonna have to change out coils in my Nautilus Mini after only a week and a half.  I've been going 2-3+ weeks with coils, but forgot how quick dark e-juice gunks up a coil.

Ladies and Gentlemen, is there a way to clean a gunked up coil, soaking, brushing or something? #?# #?# #?#

Not really any good way to clean them, but how about a tip on how to not gunk them up?

Quit using flavored e-juice. Pure PG, pure VG, and pure nicotine (which are the only things we really need) take almost forever to gunk up a coil. I have one that is still going strong after six months (or more; I forget, actually) without needing to be replaced. I minimally get better than three months before the draw gets a little tight.

And that is all that is wrong with them; I think in all the time I have been using Nautilus coils, only one has actually burnt out. If I had to, I could put most of the Nautilus coils I have replaced back into service in an emergency (like if they went off the market, and I could not get replacements). I certainly have not thrown them away, just dropped them into a jar.
--Pete                                       Using nicotine is not the same as smoking.
Individuals have a right to Harm Reduction.

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently