The Vapers Den

Author Topic: New Mod?  (Read 719 times)

Offline Kate

• Vaping Hoser
  • Chief Waffler
  • Only in CANADA, EH
Re: New Mod?
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2017, 08:37:25 AM »
I took a guess with Cadbury, my point was "I was surprised you didn't buy "chocolate" for your wife at Easter!  Never mind!  K

"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he."

James Allen

Online FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
  • Cheerios are NOT donut seeds!!!
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2017, 10:42:48 AM »
Oh, did I miss the mark there or what???  No, no chocolate, we're both dieting a wee bit, so no chocolate for us right now.

Today is the day, wish me luck. :)+1 :)+1 :)+1
-- Rik

Cigarettes RIP 10-20-2014

"Everybody quits smoking one way or another, I just so happen to quit and am NOT six feet under."

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Apple Queen
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2017, 12:43:10 PM »
oh jeez,  two hours have gone by,   are you there rik?   do we need to send flowers to the hospital  %5%

I would just put duct tape over my mouth and not say a word   O:-)

Offline Ian

• Vapeologist
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2017, 01:39:36 PM »
That is the only thing made by Cadbury that I do not like!!! :=3 :=3 :=3
WTF.....it's their best product. You yanks bought them out while back and *tried to change the egg recipe. It didn't go down well with the traditionalists!!!
*I'm not sure if they(Kraft I think) actually did change the recipe. I remember a big whoha at the time!!

Online FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2017, 05:59:07 PM »
I remember that they made two new types of eggs that I DO like, chocolate and caramel!  Just not a of the original.  Brilliant concept and execution, but just not for me.
-- Rik

"Everybody quits smoking one way or another, I just so happen to quit and am NOT six feet under."

Online FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2017, 08:13:04 PM »
We had our talk, no voices were raised, and the AsMODus that shows up tomorrow has been "okayed."  I've been given the green light to buy the Tesla Nano in the next month or so.  We talk a lot.  We're best friends.
-- Rik

Online FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2017, 02:50:33 AM »
Okay, I've only had the AsMODus in my hands for about an hour and I love it!!!  I guess none of my other mods have done this before, but this puppy hits full fire power the second you click the button!!!  RAW Aluminum isn't really a color, it's just aluminum with no paint.  Fits nicely in the hand.  Touch screen works flawlessly, although I don't see myself messing with a bunch of TC or ramp up presets, but it's all there if I wanted it.  Still can't get over the instant fire.  As an old wrestling announcer used to say, "It's not quick, it's SUDDEN!!!"  I could have never seen myself buying a mod costing $90, but I have to say that this one is worth every penny!  It's neat looking too, so it increases your cool score, which I am sorely in need of. :)+1 :)+1 :)+1
-- Rik

Online FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2017, 09:10:50 PM »
New observations:  This is one heavy mod!!!  It takes 2x18650's, but the mod itself must be quite heavy by itself, 'cause this mod has some real heft to it.  Also, because it fires instantly to your desired setting, it uses more juice than my other mods.  Neither are bad 'cause increased juice means increased flavor!!!  I've never gotten such flavor or clouds from a Nautilus Mini before now.  Still worth every penny!!! :)Y) :)Y) :)Y)
-- Rik

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
  • YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2017, 05:57:59 AM »
Good to see you are a happy chappy, itís great when a new toy surpasses your expectations isn't it Rik.
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Online FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2017, 08:00:26 AM »
Yessir, it sure is!!!  I just didn't know that a mod could make that much of a difference.  I'm getting flavor from a Nautilus Mini that I usually only get from the Kayfun V5!!!
-- Rik

Offline TalkJack

« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2017, 09:49:19 AM »
Just following this - I'm new to vaping so I'm soaking it all in.

Online FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2017, 07:42:04 PM »
Mods are cheaper now than ever before, so there are bargains to be had for rugged all day mods, stealth mods for $20, and mods like this one, which is at the low end of the high end mods.  It's the most I've paid for  any two mods I own combined!  It's overkill in many ways 'cause I do most of my vaping at 14W, I don't do TC, and I'll never hit the 180W it can do.  BUT it fires so true and instantly that it brings out the flavor on juices where I only got muted flavors before, and for that alone I think it is worth the $90 I paid.  I'm glad to know someone is reading and gaining something from my experience.  Thanks.

Oh, and if you ever have a question, don't be afraid to ask.  We're info friendly. :)Y)
-- Rik

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Apple Queen
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2017, 05:58:20 AM »
To be truly vape happy is wonderful,  we spend so much time and expence trying to reach that goal,  glad you like the new device rik  :)+1

Online FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2017, 12:50:05 PM »
Thanks Caz!  I'm very happy with it!!!  It's turned the vapor taste and cloud production of a Nautilus Mini into what I was getting from the Kayfun V5 on the Pioneer4You IPV D3S!  Which is amazing!!!  I'm still only vaping at 14W, which I find stunning given the change of what I'm getting out of the Mini's.  I haven't tried the V5 yet, but I know when I do it will be phenomenal !!!  I just fear going back to my other mods is going to be such a let down.  It has to be the instant and constant W/V that makes for the difference in vaping.  I'll have to check into the other AsMODus models and see what kind of reviews they got.  I can kinda see why some people kinda always bring up the fact that they have one of the more high end mods and sound a bit like they're bragging.  If I start to sound like that, please bitch-slap me and bring me back to Earth.  This is just like starting vaping all over again!  Everything has real flavor!  Ian is gonna love the hell out of his mod when he gets it!  Really gonna have to search and see if I can find something else that fires like the Minikin does.
-- Rik

Offline Ian

• Vapeologist
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2017, 05:23:29 PM »
Evolve have a new DNA 75c chip. It has a color screen(although quite small) and apparently is more user friendly than previous versions. It has just been released to a number of mod makers, so expect new mods in weeks, if not days!!. The evolve/DNA chip is very highly regarded. My friend has the DNA 200 and says it's easily the best chip he owns and he has quite a few high end mods. Expect to pay similar or more than the Minikin V2 though. The chips are priced highly and Evolve are picky who they sell to.

Online FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2017, 11:01:53 PM »
Thanks Ian!  You're my info "go to man!"  I wouldn't know where to start looking for the stuff you get.  Yeah, I've nothing but good things about the DNA chips.  As a matter of fact I was eyeing a Vapor Shark at one time, but the price scared me off.  Keep me in mind when you hear of these new mods.  I'll really have to save for another $90+ mod.  The touch screen has a trick to it BTW, when you get your's remind me.  Just hold your thumb at the top of the screen and the swipe screen will appear.  You may not think it worked, but touch the screen again on the area you want to change and it'll carry you into that section.  I'll be really disappointed if the DNA 75C doesn't fire like the Minikin V2 does, 'cause I'm really loving the flavor I'm getting.
-- Rik

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Apple Queen
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2017, 08:41:58 AM »
See,  this is what i dont understand,   instead of searching around looking for another asmodus type and possibly wasting tons of money in the process, let alone being disappointed when it doesnt work the same,   why cant you just buy another of the same?

Once i find something i love and works for me  i dont want to find something else,  maybe its just me and i'm weird  ha ha   w:)w

Online FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2017, 09:52:44 AM »
It's kind of an evolutionary thing Caz.  I was considering another Minikin V2, but the colors available are dwindling down to some not too appealing ones.  The Minikin is a heavy mod, good and bad.  To the rest of my mods it's like an iStick 10 vs an istick 50.  It's still feels good in the hand, but when I sit it down on the coffee table it just seems like it belongs there and shouldn't be picked up.  Silly.  Moving on to another newer chip set is kinda the shiny taking hold.  The other is getting something different along the lines of what I already have means going with the evolution of the chips.  I might just end up going with another Minikin, but knowing that my options will be open is a good thing.  If nothing impresses me it will be another Minikin, but I suspect I will be impressed.
 8]] 8]] 8]]
-- Rik

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Apple Queen
« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2017, 11:10:42 AM »
i wish i wasnt so god damn fussy,  everything has to be perfect or i just cant use it  :'(

Gotta have throat hit on every single puff (all the clearos i have tried dont give you that consistant throat hit)  i get extremely pissed off if i cant get that.

Gotta be a ultra thin whistle tip,  not a metal type

Gotta be a coldish vape

The device has to be really really light and small,  the 30w istick is the heaviest i'm prepared to go

Gotta have a tighter than tight draw,  like trying to suck a thick milkshake through a straw  (none of the clearos i've tried have really got that  (my ego c does)

I'm guessing 7 plus years of dripping has ruined all clearo tanks for me,   nothing beats dripping for consistant vaping.

I likes what i likes and cannot compromise on any of the above

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Apple Queen
« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2017, 11:13:32 AM »
oops   just remembered two more

it has to be a passthrough,  cant be doing with charging batteries

has to be regulated   absolutely cant handle battery drain (you lose throat hit with that)

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
  • YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2017, 12:55:03 PM »
 Remember that Dinosaur Caz  ;)
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Online FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2017, 01:04:49 PM »
With the waves of what is gonna happen here in the USA, I pray you can stock up enough stuff to last a lifetime.

I'm quite a bit more flexible and forgiving.  I'm learning and liking more and more each day.  I'm scared of what is gonna happen here, and spending big $$$ on a mod that will last gives me a little bit of comfort.  I've got 3 x Kayfun V5's, a Serpent Mini, and another odd smattering of rebuildables that I can turn to when coils are no longer available. 

I just wish you could find something that you could move to once your ego-c's run out.
-- Rik

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Apple Queen
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2017, 03:18:12 AM »
Damn dinosaur  better run from me   {W}

Online FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2017, 06:48:12 AM »
Caz-asaurus Rex!!! :}}} :}}} :}}} :}}} :}}}
-- Rik

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Apple Queen
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2017, 07:06:48 AM »
 :D :D  love it 

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently