The Vapers Den

Author Topic: UltraSonic Cleaners  (Read 1360 times)

Offline Ian

• Vapeologist
UltraSonic Cleaners
« on: December 12, 2014, 07:22:34 PM »
Anyone using one of these for steeping their juice. Do they really speed up the process. I was thinking of getting one for steeping.....

Online Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
Re: UltraSonic Cleaners
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 08:41:06 PM »
I tried that once... It actually separated the e-liquid into about 3 layers... had the opposite effect I was looking for ... thought it would just really mix it up good.

Offline Ian

• Vapeologist
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 08:45:50 PM »
The few youtube videos I watched, it seemed to work but I wanted to get some opinions from people I trust. I have the chance to get one real cheap. I guess i'll leave it so....

Offline failte

• Vapeologist
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 01:18:16 AM »
I have one.  A problem is that the bottles have to be immersed in a water bath, which destroys most labels.  Even if it doesn't dissolve the adhesive, if the ink is water-soluble, then there it goes. 

Maybe one doesn't need the water?  But how will the vibrations reach the liquid?  Just from the bottom of the bottle?

I say just stick with the microwave-shaking-time method.

and actually, I don't bother steeping at all, but then I mostly vape single-flavor juices.  Well, or fruit+menthol, which doesn't seem to need to steep.  Although... lately I've been switching between coffee and vanilla in my giant 28mm dripper, and the combo is... quite delicious...
Hey Todd, how's it goin'?

Offline shawn.bleacher

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 10:00:39 AM »
Use your crock pot works just as well on low

Online Nancy_Bout

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2014, 12:17:16 PM »
I don't really steep often

Offline venom ballistics

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 12:58:53 PM »
I have never been moved to get an ultrasonic cleaner, though it may actually be of benefit given all the stuff I do.

Being a tightwad and inventive I found these can work.
http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-daex25-sound-exciter-pair--300-375
hit youtube for some heavy bass content like Tekmaster PEB, Stick a pair of these to a small plastic container and thump it mixed.

Offline OldGrump

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2016, 09:37:14 PM »
I have an ultrasonic cleaner like the type one uses to clean jewelry.  The only application as far as vaping goes that I have used it for is to clean some coils like the Aspire and the Vaporesso ceramics, as to juice mixing, I tend to use a BarMix blender at low speed, it really does the job.  Steeping depending on the flavour varies I have found, like for instance I have a rich fruit cake concentrate that will take a month or so to mature whereas some of my Honeycomb takes about a week.

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently